Moving abroad forces you to compress your life into 100 pounds and 2 suitcases. After having done so, I realized that there are only a few things that I truly treasure in my life:
1) 2 letters from loves past and a beautiful picture of one of my most memorable moments during an unforgettable motorcycle trip in SK.
2) Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance + my sticky notes/highlights (book courtesy of my former supervisor, notes courtesy of my innate curiosity)
3) A Tibetan singing bowl recently given to me by one of the most beautiful people I've had the chance of meeting.
4) A copy of my favorite cd (in mp3 form) - Cafe del Mar 25th Anniversary
5) My memories (perhaps not materialistic but easily my most treasured item)
Lesson? I have 97 pounds of disposable clothes, electronics and toiletries.